Thursday, October 24, 2013

Found Goodies

 
There are things that you notice when you sit down and go through the pictures that you took. I was so excited because these tins were in storage and I thought that it would be great to use them in the pantry. Excitedly I arranged the tins and took the picture. Do you see what is on the bottom shelf? I had to go in pantry and look at it. It's a rock. Wondering how and why that rock made it's way to the shelf.
 
 
These tins had not been used in awhile, surprised that I still have them!
 
 
I carried some things to the thrift store, so of course since I was there, just had to look around! These lovely doilies were there. No guilt though because I carried a couple of boxes and came out with a small bag.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Found and inexpensive goodies are the best kind of goodies to me!

Linked to

the nester for 31 Days 2013

10 comments:

  1. I love all those, Melanie. You are right- found and repurposed things are THE best! xo Daina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Those found things are like little treasures that have been uncovered! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. I love when I find goodie at thrift stores. I need to go more then I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like going on a treasure hunt, never know what kind of treasure you will find there! It is usually something very unexpected. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for coming by...I am now following you. :)
    I always come out with SOMEthing when I take things to Goodwill. A good thing here,tho, is that they have a truck pickup on the parking lot of Walmart. That way, when I'm trying to clean things out and get rid of clutter, I take my stuff to the truck instead of the store. hahhaa...we're in the middle of a move and I've had to get rid of lots of stuff that came from Goodwill in the first place.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks BJ!!! Nothing like that here, you must walk into the temptation! LOL! Thank you so much for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. I like using tins for storage...they make a lovely display too.
    I don't think I've CARRIED anything TO THE THRIFT STORE LATELY...but probably should. :/
    I do like the doilies.
    Funny there is one thrift store here...that won't sell the doilies. I've asked. They are used for displays. Hmmmpph...
    oh well. I'll just make some.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to carry more! So sad that your local thrift won't sell the doilies! Glad that you have the talent to make them! I sure can't! Thank you Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha! That is so funny, because it's so true!!! I am amazed at the perspective you get when taking photos. That happens to me a lot. So funny! Love the tins. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't realize it was there! I laughed when I saw it! Haven't a clue how the thing got there! Thanks Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!