Wednesday, October 2, 2013

House Numbers

These numbers were here when we moved in. The frame was looking a bit faded and worn. The picture below was taken in the fall of 2009.
 
 
The frame was not in bad shape, it was in need of some T.L.C. however. The tiles were removed first. We sanded the frame and gave it a coat of black paint, followed by a coat of polyurethane to protect the paint. We had all of these things on hand, it did not require much paint, making this a cost free project.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Sometimes it seems that those low cost or cost free projects make the biggest difference. The attention to detail makes a difference.

Linked to nesting place for 31 Days 2013

12 comments:

  1. I think you are on to something there! Our dear daughter-in-law has a knack for that kind of thing and I so admire you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonnie! These are my favorite kind of projects! Quick, easy and cost free! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. that new paint on the frame makes those numbers POP!!!
    You know me, I love cost free projects, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it made them pop too! Why buy new numbers when the old ones just needed a little sprucing up! Thanks Pat! Headed over to your place mow to see what you have done today! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Wow- That really pops now. Great job- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! It was so easy, just some paint, a little sanding and the poly. Thank you for visiting me!!!

      Delete
  4. I love them both, but for finding a house, the black is DEFINITELY a big must! Nice job. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! You are right, it is easier to see now. Thaks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Melanie, WOW what a great transformation and cost free with just your time. Yes, it does seem like these small updates make the biggest impact. Your house numbers really pop and I love the contrast in black.

    Thank you for stopping by and your congrats. I am still amazed.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You deserved that win!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  6. Amazing how a little black paint can change the appearance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just couldn't throw it away if I could make it look better! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!