Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Back Splash

Blog reading has become a favorite past time of mine. I love looking at homes and gathering ideas that I may want to use in my own home. One day while visiting Holly at Down to Earth Style, I took notice of her lovely kitchen. You can read about it here. Look around, she has lots of fabulous ideas.
 
Last year we put bead board up in the kitchen. I had wanted a back splash and liked the idea of using a copper ceiling tile. The tiles that I found were not the same width as the stove, which meant that it would have to be pieced together. I imagined that grease would find its way between the tiles and there would be a huge mess to clean up. I never considered using 1 piece, that is until I saw Holly's kitchen. It made perfect sense then.
 
 
This project was so simple and inexpensive that I can't understand why we waited to do it. We purchased 1 tile from Home Depot, it cost around $20. It is a faux tin ceiling tile and is made of a material that should be easy to clean. There are so many possibilities for this material.

My husband cut the piece to fit behind the stove and used liquid nails to attach it to the wall. It was quick, simple and inexpensive.
 
 
My only regret is that we waited to do this project, I could have been enjoying the look of this tile. We are so pleased with how this came out. It fits perfectly in this old farmhouse kitchen.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
This may have been an inexpensive project, but it does not look cheap. When I saw Holly's back splash, I knew this was the way to go for us. She has some great ideas and I plan to copy a couple or more. That is one of the many great things about blogging, the ability to share and customize ideas for your own home. The inspiration is unlimited!

Linked to

the nester for 31 Days 2013

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE visiting Holly! Her she always has wonderful ideas that are affordable and she makes them so simple. Love what you have done. Nice job! I was just thinking how funny it is that once we do things, we always wonder why we didn't do them sooner. Such is the experience of life, I imagine. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! We had the idea, but I let myself get hung up on silly technicalities. When I saw Holly's back splash, it just clicked! She made it so simple and I was wondering why we waited to do this. As you said the experience of life. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous look. I can see why you regret not doing it sooner. I am with you with finding inspiration from my blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the best ideas! It is fun to learn from them! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad that it is done! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Love it, Melanie! It is gorgeous- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! It was such an easy project! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Wow, it looks fabulous! So easy, yet so elegant looking - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like it! Thanks Stephanie and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. I like it!
    I wanted something like that for a while...maybe I'll still have it behind my stove, one day. For now, I still have my found piece of corrugated tin back there. (How is it I can find a piece of rusty metal...but not a $20 bill? )
    Like this!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I think a piece of corrugated tin is cool! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. That looks so great. The tile adds a pop of cool character. Mine was to cover an ugly accent but it turns out - I like it there anyway. Thanks for mentioning my blog. That is so courteous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Holly! It was so easy to do, you made it look and sound like something I had to try and would not regret. Thank you for sharing your ideas with us! Thank you again and thanks for visiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!