Friday, October 11, 2013

Painting Weekend Ahead and Random 5

We have a painting weekend ahead of us. Last week my husband painted the laundry room. Tomorrow he starts in the kitchen. The bath is next. Admittedly I am not looking forward to this, but I know that it needs to be done.
 
 
Posted by Picasa

My Random 5 Friday

1. My husband has been bitten by the DIY bug. I don't know where or why. I am glad but at the same time I am scared! What else will he want to do. This DIY stuff is hard work and he doesn't mind if the house is upside down for any length of time. I on the other hand, do mind if the house is upside down.

2. Fresh paint makes a room feel so fresh and clean! If it wasn't so much work, I would paint the house a couple of times a year!

3. The gentlemen doing the porch work said that they will be finished next week! I am glad, and dreaming of what it will look like at Christmas!

4. The in depth fall cleaning began this week. Why are dust bunnies so easy to raise?

5. Clairee, the only new gal from this past spring, laid her first egg! It was lovely and brown. The girls have been hard at work laying this week. Could they be getting ready for a long winter? I hope not.

Linked to

A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday

and

the nester for 31 Days 2013

17 comments:

  1. DIY husbands are multipying as we speak, mine, yours, cousins and neighbours. A new neighbour told us the other day her husband is going to re-do their roof, old fashioned tiles, and he doesn't even own a hammer! Mine is repainting my computer room, for 5 weeks, a small room but like yours he isn't mindful of mess. Can't wait to see the veranda done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, that could be a good thing for wives, it could also mean more work! Hope it doesn't take 5 weeks to paint the kitchen, I don't think I could handle it!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. i love painting. painting is very relaxing for me, guess not for others. ( :
    egg laying - that's exciting. happy dance for the chicken. love how you call her a "new gal".hope she will fit in well with all the "old gals". ha. ha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so stressful for me! Glad that my husband wants to do it, I am not complaining! Yes, the egg laying is exciting! She is in a small flock and gets along well with everyone. She is funny and I enjoy watching their personalities develop! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. I always do my "spring" cleaning in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall cleaning helps me get ready for Christmas! Thanks for visiting Karen!!!

      Delete
  4. I am with you on the upside down house. I like it when things are in order, but unfortunately, to get things improved, sometimes it takes a little messing up. My DH's DIY this morning only messed up the laundry room and garage. Whew! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when things get improved it does take some messing up, sadly! I get to a point where it HAS to end so that I can get things cleaned up again! Glad for you that it was only the laundry room and garage! Thanks Nonnie and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. I do hope your chickens are wrong:) Love your porch. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Buttons! I could be very happy if we didn't have an extremely cold winter too! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. I drive my husband crazy cause I love to paint. For me it's therapudic, Sometimes he's afraid to come home after a business trip cause he doens't know what room will be a different color...hahaha! Take advantage of the DIY mode, you never know when it's going to end *nail biting*. YAY for your porch, can't wait to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time that was therapeutic for me too. My husband knew that it was dangerous to leave me alone for too long becuase of what I might do! This time I knew there was just more than I could handle! Let's hope that his DIY mode doesn't end until he finishes these projects!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting Michelle!!! Heading over to your blog right now!!!

      Delete
  7. Umm, can your husband come over to paint a few rooms for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After he finishes mine, we can talk! LOL!! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  8. I love the smell of a freshly painted house. Something about it being all clean and new looking. Can't wait to see what you do with the porch for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that clean feeling too Latane! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!