Thursday, October 17, 2013

Putting the Back Porch Together Again

Today the workmen began framing the porch, getting ready to screen it again. The floor has been replaced.
 
 
There was a weak place that could have given way easily. We were not aware that it was that bad. It has now been replaced.
 
 
It is a lovely day here today, as the picture below indicates. Each day brings us closer to the finish. The porch is being put back together.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
We are over halfway finished with 31 Days 2013. We have painted the laundry room and created a pantry area there and the kitchen has been painted. Those two items look so small and insignificant when typed here. Both were large jobs to finish. The rooms are being put back together. Perhaps it hasn't happened as soon as I would have liked for it to happen, but it is happening. The porch should be completed in the next week and I can put it back together. That will be one more item to check off of my list.

Linked to

the nester for 31 Days 2013

8 comments:

  1. You have been bus! It feels good to get things done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good to get some things done! I find that I am impatient with myself though! Thanks Sandy and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. how exciting, nearly finished...the light and shadows on the shutters is intriguing and quite lovely...courage you are almost done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it has taken so long for it to get to this stage! Thank you for your words of encouragement! There is an end to this, I can see the finish line ahead. Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. BRAVO!!! BROVO!!! We've been turned upside down for so long, as you have, and I'm so excited it is coming to a close for you so that you can enjoy all those wonderful spaces for the winter. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle for the cheers and the kind words! I am ready for it to come to a close now. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. This looks great! I love watching a project come to completion. I didn't think I could say that as I don't finish project too quickly! But am learning this about myself. I like seeing the work on your porches and laundry area all of them look so great... You are going to love these new spaces! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been days that I wondered if this project would ever come to completion! There is still work to be done but at least I feel like it is moving along! Your couch will get finished too! Thank you Pat, you always offer encouragement when I need it! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!