Friday, November 15, 2013

A Random 5 Friday

Today doesn't seem like Friday to me. Perhaps it is because of the observance of Veteran's Day on Monday, or could it be because time seems to speed up as we approach Christmas. Time will move quickly until the end of December. Thanks for joining for another Random 5 Friday!
 
1. I wish that I could take a photography class! I see things that I like in pictures and things that I wish I knew how to change. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity.
 
 
 
2. Last weekend, I went to a breakfast with some of my classmates. We had so much fun and laughed so much. Time may have altered appearances, but hearts are still the same.
 
 
3. Glad to say that the kitchen, laundry room and bath have been painted. If DIY home projects are the test of a marriage, then we must be okay. We survived! The porches were not painted by us. There is only so much a relationship can survive!
 

 
 
4. The warm sunshine must feel good to Maizie. She is lying in an odd position for a cat. Guess that the sun feels that good on her belly.
 
5. The pan of chicken below may not top the list of healthy foods, but sometimes we just gotta have fried chicken! It is not often that I will fry our food, and it will be awhile before I do it again. Maybe that is why we enjoy it so much, it is a treat!
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Thank you for visiting and hope that you have a super weekend.

Linking to

9 comments:

  1. Glad the projects are done, I LOVE red doors and frames, LOVE+...Maizie has the right idea...chilled right out in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn, yeah Maizie does have the right idea! Too bad she will not be doing that today, it is overcast. Oh well, Maizie is always ready for a sunny day to bask in the sunshine. Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love the friends that no matter how much time has passed...you can pick right up where you left off! I to would love to have a photography class as well...I have a nice camera....but I only use it on auto...otherwise I am just to confused!
    Sharon
    PS grew up on fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what it was like, just picking up where wer left off. As for the camera, I only know the basics, and those are sketchy at best! Hey, if you grew up on fried chicken too, then you must be good folk! Thanks Sharon and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. I like that picture of your eating nook! You take pretty good pictures if you ask me...I'm awful with them.
    I like all the painting projects you did...and so happy your marriage survived it.
    enjoy the sunshine...glad you had a fun time with friends, it is nice to get out once in a while. ~Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Pat! You are too kind though! There is so much room for improvement. Never noticed anything wrong with your pictures. Glad that it did too! We had fun doing the projects together. We usually work pretty well together. My friends were lots of fun, yes it was fun to step away from the work for awhile! Thank you Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. It must give you a really good feeling as you look around your lovely home and enjoy the results of your labor together. So much warmth. The cat is happy and content, too!
    I love getting together with old friends. A feast of love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonnie, it seems that I am noticing more and more that I would like to do now though! Maizie was very happy that afternoon, she enjoys the sunshine so much! My friends were lots of fun, so glad that I had the opportunity to do that! Thanks Nonnie and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Love Maizie's picture! I took a B+W photography class many moons ago, before digital cameras. Now I'd like to take a digital photography class and learn how to work all the bells and whistles on my camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!