Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Lizzie

Lizzie, also known as Lizard, Lizard Blizzard, and The Miracle Cat.
 
Favorite Activity - Chasing leaves across the front porch as the wind blows them.
 

 
Posted by Picasa
This was taken last week. It is the last picture taken of Lizzie.


It has taken me 3 days to post this. Lizzie enjoyed the front porch and chasing the leaves across the porch. I let her out for her daily fun this past Saturday after lunch. She was not there when it was time to come in. We walked the orchards and the road Saturday evening until almost 10 p.m. and couldn't find her. Lizzie always stayed on the porch except when I took the dogs out, then she walked with me. Kevin found her Sunday and thought that it had just happened.

My amazing Miracle Cat, Lizzie is missed desperately. I still feel like this can't be true!

You can read about Lizzie's Special Surgery and the fun she had with Lisa here.

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She was a lovely cat. I miss her terribly.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, Melanie! So sorry for your loss. Do you know happened to her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Khammany! She went to the road. Kevin found her and buried her. I did not want that to be my last memory of Lizzie. The last time I saw her I was outside and she rubbed against my leg. That is a better memory. I will always wonder what for and why she did that. Thank you again Khammany!

      Delete
  3. Oh goodness goodness I am so sorry Melanie, these little creatures do tangle so deeply within our hearts that when something bad happens to them it is like it has happened to us...big hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said Lynn! They do tangle so deeply within our hearts! Thank you for those big hugs!

      Delete
  4. Oh, Melanie! I'm so sorry to hear this about Lizzie. I know your heart is breaking and I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers. I know how much we love our little pets and this is so hard. I've been right where you are.
    Blessings,
    Shelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! Can't tell you how many times I have turned around to look for her only to realize that she was not here anymore. They just get into your heart and leave their little pawprints al over it! Thank you so much Shelia!

      Delete
  5. Oh I am so sorry :( She was a beautiful kitty. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so hard to lose our sweet furry friends. I've been reading about all your wonderful kitties this morning. We have 6 of our own so I know how much you love yours. Lizzie was such a pretty kitty. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Ida!! Lizzie is missed something awful!! She was an amazing gal. Thank you for your kind words and thank you for visiting us!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!