Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday Jobs

The 31 day challenge is finished, but there were still some things that needed to be completed. Fortunately I had a helper. Lizzie was interested in what I was doing and she wanted to be right in the middle of everything, until she noticed that the leaves were falling from the trees and they needed to be chased. Perhaps she was making sure that there was nothing dangerous or tasty rather, hiding in the leaves.
 
 
She did come back and resume the position as my assistant. We painted today. The weather was lovely and warm. The furniture for the sun porch was in need of fresh paint.
 
 
The rocking chairs still need a couple of touch ups because my assistant wanted to sit in them.
 
 
We have a sink in the laundry room. It is one of the enamel coated sinks with the metal cabinet. The cabinet was in need of a fresh coat of paint and now it looks so much better. It was one of those things that we had put off doing and then wondered why we waited. It will get some new or different hardware rather.
 
 
The porch will need to be arranged with the freshly painted white furniture. Christmas ideas are dancing around in my head, right along with plans for the things that I want to do next summer! I am thinking about outdoor curtains for this porch a couple of ceiling fans and a bed swing!
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Now that all of the painting and work has been done on the porches, it is time to shake the pecan trees. Guess that I will be covering up the furniture when they begin shaking the trees!

5 comments:

  1. That porch will be a wonderful place for a bed swing! I'd love one of those myself on the back porch...with some screen around it of course. :)
    I have a long way to go before that happens...but hey! It could happen.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it is just a dream for me too! I have told super handy husband that it would be a great thing to have and wonder of wonders, he agreed with me! Perhaps he will build one for me? So yes, it could happen for you too! Thanks Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the look of your new porch, and it was you who inspired me to redo an old ikea desk, stripped and painted it looks dreamy with two little porcelain knobs-such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! You don't know how good it makes me feel to know that I inspired you! I am sure that it is a lovely desk and we all want to see it! Thank you Lynn, that was a kind compliment, you made my day! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. That porch is looking so great! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!