Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Unexpected Surprises

Sometimes, the one thing in this world that you are absolutely sure you didn't want or need finds a way into your life. You know, that thing that if someone asked you if you wanted it, you would turn quickly and run from?
 
 
The one thing will surely come along and work a way into your life and before you know it, it has your heart. That has happened to me. My seemingly unneeded "thing" has a name, Gray C. Mae.
 
 
I took this little fuzzball to the vet because of a cold. My vet looked at the name on the card  and asked if this was a girl or a boy and then he checked.

It is a boy. Yes, her is a him. We can't have a boy named Gray C. Mae. I never looked to see, I didn't care because my heart was stolen.
 
 
My husband jokingly says that he is a bad baby. He moves like greased lightning and he is trying his best to become as wide as he is long. Everything in sight is something that needs to be played with.
 
 
He needs a real name now. Bad Baby is not a suitable name. Atticus is excited because he has a pet now! Maizie thinks that he needs a bath and has held him down to give him several.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
You never know when that thing that you don't want or need will come into your life. There is no preparing for it, it just happens. An unexpected surprise can come to you. Then you look into those eyes and that is it, you have just lost the battle.

22 comments:

  1. aaaawwwwww........so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! This little guy is absolutely rotten already! He is very proud of it too and makes me smile just looking at his picture. Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Very cute. I totally agree with you because it happen to me. After my baby Patches died I told my husband I didn't want to ever get that close to another animal. When Patches died it tore my heart out. I still miss her today. Every time someone mention getting a new cat I had no problem saying no. Then a trip to the book store ( they have cats for adoption . ) 2 years later change everything. As soon as I locked eyes with Cleo I was lost. Even my husband saw it. He adopted the cat for me with out my knowing it. I love that men. Cleo is now my new baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an AWESOME husband Michelle! I am glad that you have that new baby now. Thank you for sharing that and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. I already posted this once (grrr Google).

    I totally agree! Almost all of our fur friends just magically appeared at just the right time in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was very unexpected! This little guy was not surprised one bit though! Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. I love this! One of my favorite subjects, giving a kitty a home! I think you could still call him Gray...maybe Gray V! Ha, ha! Get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughed so hard about that one! He does have a sister, maybey the could be potatoes and Gray V? That was cute! Thanks Khammany and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. What a little cutie! I can see why he stole your heart! I gurew up with a cat and a dog but my hubby is allergic to cats! :)
    Thank you for popping in to see me and your sweet comments.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely a theif that steals hearts! So sorry that hubby is allergic! That is awful!

      Thank you Shelia! Big hugs! Thank you for visiting me!!!

      Delete
  6. Well, someone knew that he'd get the love and attention he needs coming to your home.
    He is adorable.
    That is how I felt and still feel about Buster.
    I think Gray C. Mae is a little girly...
    How about Grayson?
    unless you have something already.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I know where he came from. His mother lives here, i just did not know that she had kittens! She is going to get her opportuity to have her special surgery though! I have had that happen to me plenty of times here though and it makes me angry for someone to drop their financial and moral obligations off on me!!!!

      Yes, Gray C Mae is a girly! We had a Grayson once. He was a sweetie. Thanks Pat and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  7. What a CUTIE!! ...I woulda been a goner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the last thing I thought that I needed. Thanks Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  8. ah such a lucky boy, you know looking into their eyes is a game over match. His name will happen like his arrival I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took less than a 2 seconds for that game to be over. Yes, his name will happen and when it does, it will be just the right name! Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  9. Bless you with that new little kitty that turned out to be a boy! He looks like a GRAYSON to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Kay! Oh well it is cheaper to get a male fixed.That is a good name. Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  10. This kitty knew where to go to find a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting to think that the word is out about me among the cat community. Thank you Lisa for visiting, it is always good to see you here!

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! He is so funny to watch and then he will turn around and run to me. Of course I pick him up and he is purring! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!