Thursday, December 12, 2013

1 Year Ago Today

One year ago today it was cold and rainy. I remember this because it was the day of the funeral. There were so many people there in spite of the bad weather. Cars were lined up on either side of the road at the church and cemetary. There were people from so many places that came to pay their respects. Some came from different areas of Georgia and some came from other states to pay tribute to Daddy.
 
Daddy was a volunteer fire fighter. The community fire department paid a beautiful tribute to him. The sound of the bagpipes were hauntingly beautiful.
 

 
Posted by Picasa
There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought about him. I miss him terribly, but grow more grateful daily, that I had the privilege of calling him Daddy.

This is the song that was in my head when Daddy went home. The song stayed for several days. It is a Glen Campbell song and for some reason it was in there in my memory. This morning it was there again, so thought that I would share it with you.



I hope that you find it to be as beautiful as I did. Daddy liked Glen Campbell's music, perhaps this is one of the reasons that it was on my mind that day.
 

4 comments:

  1. Anniversaries can be difficult-I lost my Dad 33 years ago and I swear there isn't a day that he doesn't slip in for a second or two-good Dads are terribly hard to forget. Mine would have loved this Glen Campbell song and maybe he did, he enjoyed Glen Campbell and watched his Variety Show so maybe he has heard it. Lovely Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a privilige to have had a good Dad! That makes us very lucky girls Lynn!. Hugs to you sweet friend! Maybe your Dad liked that song too! Thank you Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my dear Melanie, your post was quite heart-wrenching to read! Words cannot describe the pain of losing a loved one, especially a daddy! Praying you have the comfort and peace of God, sweet friend! Sending you warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I know where he is and I am at peace with that. I do miss him terribly though. I remember the sweet times. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!