Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back at 2013

The end of a year is a time to look back at the accomplishments and memories of the past year. This year has flown by for me, faster than usual, or is this just an admission that I am getting older?
 
January days are short, but seem endless. It is always a delight to see the promise of spring and know that winter will not last forever.
 
Read about the Promise of Spring here.
 
 
My little bottle fed orphan, Emmett moved to his new home in February. He became the stud there! I still miss that stinker, pun intended!
 
Read about Emmett's New Address here.
 
 
I made soap for the first time in March! The results were pleasing and this is addictive, there are so many possibilities and combinations that could be achieved.
 
Read about Making Soap here.
 
 
A popular post in April, was this one about Chocolate Cake with Caramel Buttercream Icing.

Read about it and get the recipe here.
 
 
This old chimney cabinet was found in an antique mall and redone in May. My grandparents had one in their kitchen and it brought back happy memories. When I saw it, I knew that it had to come home with me, it didn't matter to me that it was not the one they had. It now lives in my kitchen and is used daily.

Read more about it here.
 
This sink base was made by my Daddy. He used cotton picker bars to make the base. The bars hold spindles that pick the cotton. I love the rustic look of this piece.

Read more about it here.
 
 
Jackie made a friend in Jack. He was temporarily blind after an attack by another rooster. Animals can show an amazing amount of compassion for each other!

Read about it here.
 
 
The front porch was given a fresh coat of paint this past summer. The ceiling was painted Haint Blue. I gave the furniture a face lift and offered an invitation to visitors to rock and relax.

Read about it here.
 
 
We gained a son-in-law in September.

Read about that here.
 
 
October brought the completion of the back porch, finally!
 
Read about it here and here. You can read about the lighting fixture we used here.
 
 
We found out that Gray C. Mae was actually a boy.

Read about the Bad Baby here.
 
 
December was a time to look back at the first Christmas my husband and I shared after we married.
 
Read about it here.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
2013 brought many changes, some were welcome changes and some not so welcome changes. A new year is exciting to me, there are so many good things that could happen and there are new things to learn and do.

Wishing you each a fabulous and exciting 2014 and hope that you will join me as I find out what the new year has in store for us here!

14 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely New Year's Eve and a wonderful 2014, I enjoyed your recap of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, glad that you enjoyed the recap. Wishing you a lovely New Year's Eve as well. We have a brand new year filled with possibilities waitng for us to fill with our blogging adventures. Can't wait to read yours! Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. BRAVO!!! I love this post best of all!! I'm thankful for the friend I've gained in 2013 and look forward to the rest of our blogging lives together. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you enjoyed the post and thankful for your friendship as well! Can't wait to see and read more about your blogging adventures in 2014. There is so much to look forward to! Thank you Michelle and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh, goodness! I'm looking forward to following the links to read some of your 2013 posts.
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Hope you enjoy reading! Thank you Dainna and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Melanie, You have had a wonderful and blessed year. From so many great accomplishments at your home to memories with family and sweet critters. I wish for you many more treasured times ahead in this new year filled with continued blessings, good health, happiness and always love.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet words and wishes! It is always a pleasure to visit your blog. Thank you and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Melanie! It is always a joy to come over to see what you've been up to. You got so much accomplished during this past year and I'm wishing you a healthful and peaceful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I feel like I did not get enough accomplished! Thank you for the 2014 wishes, the kind comments you have left and for the visits throughout the year! Wishing you the same!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year Melanie! I pray 2014 brings you much joy and happiness!
    sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, wishing you the same! Thank you for visiting!!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!