My Mom found these and gave then to me a couple of years ago, It was a collection of cards and letters from my childhood. A box filled with happy memories!
Now, I realize as I look at them, they are a bit dated, perhaps even vintage now. How did that happen?
Random 5 Valentine's Memories
1. The first Valentine's Day gift I received from a boy was a heart shaped box of cinnamon hearts. I was delighted and couldn't stop smiling. His name was Jeff and those are sweet memories!
2. One year my Mom made sugar cookies for all of us and she came by my office to drop them off. I wasn't there when she came by. When I came back to the office she had been there and the plate was on my desk. I had a meeting with someone. Yes, I shared, but only 1 cookie. You have to understand, her cookies are the best!
3. I enjoyed Valentine's Day when my daughter was little. It was fun to take her to the store to pick out cards for her friends! I hope that she remembers that and has happy memories.
4. My husband always remembers to say "Happy Valentines Day Honey" first thing on that morning. This morning was no exception.
5. When my daughter was small and learning to talk, she would say "I ujj (love) you too much Mommy". That was the sweetest sound in the world to me and wish I had a recording of her saying it. Every mother wants to hear their child say those words, no matter how old they are.
A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday