Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs!

The girls have been working hard, getting ready for spring. Egg production has increased.
 
 
It was time to get the incubator out. We will "candle" these eggs and watch their progress. I am always fascinated to see the chick forming, growing and changing inside the shell. Before they hatch, we will hear their peeps, and then we will see the chick attempting to hatch.
 
The hardest part comes when the chicks are trying to hatch. It is hard work for them and I want to help them out. That is the worst thing I could do! The chicks must do this on their own.
 
The chicks should hatch at the end of this month. It is amazing to watch and find myself sitting beside the incubator cheering them on! I will watch in awe as they stand up for the first time, on tiny legs.

Linking to
Dandelion House for Farmgirl Friday

8 comments:

  1. I remember as a child watching this process with my Auntie Ragna, she was like you so wanted to give a little aid. Our neighbours in the back of us have built a chicken coop (we are in the middle of a medieval village) and we are wondering if there is going to be a Rooster :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard, you want to help but no that you will do more damage than good! Hope that you don't have a rooster behind you in the chicken coop! It will make for quieter mornings without one! Thanks Lynn and thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete
  2. Aww Melanie! I bet they do have tiny legs.. :) Such beautifully colored eggs. Keep cheering and I will send a cheer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little legs are so tiny that I wonder how they are able to hold their bodies up! It is amazing to watch their legs develop into something stron enough to support themselves. Glad to know that I will have someone sheerign with me! Thanks for visiting us!!!

      Delete
  3. It will be nice to see the chick hatching from the egg. You have a different interest. I have not heard anyone saying this interest. Really kids will enjoy in knowing new things. They look good the way they are placed. I have seen in TV how the chick gets hatched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is amazing to watch.

      Delete
  4. How sweet! Nothing better to welcome spring than new life. Especially chicks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! Chicks are one of my favorite things about spring! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!