Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musing - My Inner Child


I have read that inside each one of us is an “inner child”. I can tell you that there is a little girl inside of me. She emerges on the first warm day of the year. She waits for the first strawberries, first flowers, first baby birds, first rainbow, longer days of summer, and the most important event of all, the first day that she can get in the pool. The first day that the weather is warm enough to swim, is an event and my little girl inside dances on this day! She walks outside barefoot and feels the grass underneath her feet, holds her head back to feel the warm sunshine on her face spreads out her arms and twirls around until she falls on the soft grass, giggling the entire time. She gets up and runs and jumps into the cool water. Summer has arrived.

That hasn’t happened yet. My inner girl however, has noticed the warmer days that we have had. She walks outside and feels the warmth from the sun. She hears the birds singing and the animals in the yard seem to beg her to stop and play for awhile. Ruby calls from her pen and it is as if she is saying “come and play, we can romp around and you can scratch me between my horns”. Gus the goose calls as well as the chickens and other animals. The soil is still cool and the wind reminds her that it isn’t time to take your shoes off yet.

The long bitter cold days of winter found her sitting beside the window dreaming.  She dreamed the dreams of warm days on the porch swinging, breezes that cool warm skin and vegetables and fruits fresh from the garden. Those dreams will slowly become a reality.

We have been teased by a very few days that were warm enough to open doors and allow fresh air to move through our homes. There are more birds outside and the Hope Flowers returned. Warm weather can’t be far away. The hope that winter will not last forever is becoming a reality.

My “inner child” is delighted to see the changes happening. She knows what warmer weather will bring. Her eyes dance as she thinks about it. The temptation is too much and she slips her feet out of her shoes, feeling the cool ground beneath her feet. Spring is almost here meaning that summer can’t be far behind.

8 comments:

  1. Melanie I am not a Summer person but after reading about your "inner child" Summer sounds so delicious I am going to remember your words and save this post to favorites and give Summer another chance! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inned child is dellighted that you feel that way! She invites you to swing on the porch and dangle your feet in the water when it is warm enough! She will even share the strawberries and melon with you when they are ripe! Thank you so much for visiting us! You made my day!!!!

      Delete
  2. they say staying in touch with this 'inner child' not only keeps us young but keeps us healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, I must be healthy then! Thank you Lynn, that makes me feel good and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I love what 'Pix Under the Oaks' said, "Summer sounds delicious." I agree! You have painted a beautiful picture, sweet Melanie. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was right, after the winter we have had summer does sound delicious! Thank you so much Stephanie and thanks for visiting us!

      Delete
  4. Hi Melanie, what a beautiful inspirational story for the warmer days ahead. I love how you write my friend.
    Enjoyed the random 5 and the eggs below are beautiful. What a great framed pic that would make. Love it.

    Thanks for sharing and your visit too. I thought I had signed up to follow by email, but so far did not receive a post, I just tried it again so hope it works this time.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Celestina! Glad that you enjoyed the story and the pictures. I had never thought of framing a picture of the eggs, thank you for sharing that idea! Must do that now.

      If it does not work, let me know and I will try and figure out what is wrong. Thank you so much for visiting, it is always a delight to have you visit!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!