Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Musing - Spring Secrets

 
   Spring has finally arrived! We waited for so long, and wondered if it would really happen. Spring brings change, often in our homes. We have this need to freshen our homes and I am not the only person freshening up. A Facebook friend posted that she had rearranged the furniture in her living room. That surprise was waiting for her husband when he came home.  My husband could empathize with this feeling, as he has experienced it many times. One day I half expect him to nail his chair to the floor so it can’t be moved.
My husband has learned to expect changes. He told me years ago that he just wanted to keep a place to sit and watch TV, a place to eat and to sleep. Those words were accompanied by music in my head. I was free to rearrange and change as I saw fit. Perhaps he figures that this was one of those things that not worth disagreeing about. I will remind him of this if he does nail that chair to the floor.
The spring changing fits have begun here. The dining and living room have been rearranged. We are expecting some out of town guests later on, so it was time to give the guest room a scrutinizing look. Would you like to know a secret? It won’t be a secret when Kevin reads this.  The guest room would be pretty if it were painted a pale robin’s egg blue.
This is what will happen when Kevin reads this.  He will be sitting in his chair holding the paper up. His hand will tremble a bit and with one finger he will pull the edge of the paper down, watching me. I will pretend not to notice. He will speak slowly and say “so you want to paint the guest room” I will turn and sweetly say “yes, we have company coming”.  Kevin will say “Robin’s egg blue? Now what kind of color is that” and I will reply “yes and it is a lovely color”. He will then sigh deeply and the paper will return to its previous position.
You now have a glimpse of what will be happening in our home early Sunday morning. Kevin will then know why he has had his favorite meals this past week. Looks like I will be frying chicken and making mashed potatoes Sunday.


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I am so ready to get that room painted!! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious! Just today as my hubby was helping me bring (again!) another piece of furniture into the house he said "it just wouldn't feel like home if we weren't moving stuff around!" Love that man :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that! Guess that it is our job to make them feel comfortable at home! He is a good man with an great sense of humor! You have given me my smile for the day Susan! Thank you for sharing with us and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I like your style on handling husbands. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Guess I should have bought the paint before I fried the chicken though, LOL!! Thanks Michelle and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. My husband would be thrilled with fried chicken and mashed potatoes! I love Robins egg blue--so pretty! Your description of your husband reading the paper made me smile...my husband reads his news on the computer. Soon newspapers are going to be a thing of the past I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Yes, I am afraid that newspapers will be a thing of the past sooner than we would like. This article appears in my column in a local paper. I still get a kick out of seeing it there each week and as long as it in the paper, I will continue to read the real thing! Thanks Sandy and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. The color will be lovely. The picture you paint in your wonderful story telling style sounds like what goes on in my house. In all seasons change is always about to happen accompanied by wonderful dinners of course. LOL
    Have fun.
    Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back soon.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Actually I have always wanted to paint it that color. It is a pretty good deal, he paints and I cook, LOL! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Melanie, you are so lucky that your husband paints! Leo does not like to paint at all and I don't think food would even entice him! He did do some outdoor painting recently, but he absolutely hates it. So consequently, I'm the indoor painter! I scrolled down and saw your ladder project and I love it. Don't think there's a square inch where a ladder could fit in here except maybe on the front porch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess that I am lucky Jane, at least I can entice him with food! LOL! Glad that you like the ladder! I had wanted one and if you were able to find one, the price was through the roof! Kevin built that one for me. Thanks Jane and thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!