The calendar says that it is here, so it is spring right? Just checking because it is colder this morning than it was yesterday morning. The endless winter wants to hang around as long as possible.
1. There have been a few afternoons that I could open the door for awhile. It was so nice!
2. The back porch will get the annual scrubbing this weekend. Let the decorating begin!
3. The back door will get a good rubbing down with Linseed Oil. It is planned for this weekend. It should be warm enough to keep the door open long enough for it to dry. The door hasn't been painted, ever, how many decades? I couldn't bear to put a brush to it! The painter and I discussed it last year, but glad that it did not get painted!
4. We candled the eggs this past week. This is always amazing to me! We skipped last year. We wanted to have fresh eggs this coming winter, and knew that we had to incubate. Store bought does not compare.
5. Days are busier now. There is more to do and I am glad of that. Spring is a lot of work! The girls need a new hen house, Murphy (the duck) wants a female companion, Ruby could use a new house, the list goes on and on it seems. Such is spring at our house.
A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday