Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Old Ladder

The amount of creativity in blogland amazes me. Simple projects, complex projects, budget projects and elaborate projects, there is no end to the creativity found in blogland. The only limits are imagination, if it can be dreamed it can be created.
 

There are a number of these ladders on blogs and many appear to be antique, this one however is new. Handy husband made it for me!
 
Diana at Our Vintage Home Love shared a tutorial. The materials were inexpensive, and it did not take long for Handy Husband to complete this project.
 

The tutorial was well written and easy to follow. The project cost under $20. That is less than an antique ladder, if you are lucky enough to find one.
 

Dianna gave her ladder an awesome paint treatment, which I had planned to copy. We stained the ladder and once the stain dried, I loved the look and left it that way. Should I change my mind, it can be painted.
 
 
This is the second project I have completed this season. Two down and hundreds more to go!
 
Linking to
 
Deborah Jean's Dandelion House
 
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I am always happy when he offers to help me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, Love your ladder and the stain looks so nice as an accent with your linens. Your hubby did a great job. Aren't these the great treasures that make a home complete. Love how it dresses up the area where you have placed it.
    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. I signed up to follow you but did not get your post in my email yet. I have noticed it is taking 24 hours or so later then the post actually begins.
    Happy First Day of Spring!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste! I agree that little things like that make a house a home.

      My daughter has told me the same thing. Not sure what I can do to fix it, but will look into it and try to give you an answer. Thank you for signing up! I appreciate it very much! The friends that I have made in blogland are some awesome ladies! Thank you again! Happy long awaited Spring to you too!

      Delete
  3. Melanie, Isn't it great to just give an idea to your husband & he makes it come to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! This is one of many things he has made for me! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  4. How terrific to have the ladder specially handmade by your special guy? I love the idea and it especially works in your country decor. Tell your husband he did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nonnie! I will share your compliment with him. He will appreciate it and smile really big! He takes such pride in his work. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Hi Melanie!
    Haven't stopped by in a long while...I need to catch up!
    I love this ladder. I like that you stained it and didn't paint it. It really stands out nicely against your white walls. :)
    Hope you're doing well... I'm going to have to 'back read' and see what's new.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought about painting and distressing it, but once I saw how the stain looked, just couldn't do it. Always good to see you here! Thanks for visiting Pat!

      Delete
  6. great job on your old (looking) new ladder! It's kind of handy to have a Handy Husband around!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon! Yes, it is handy to have a handy husband! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. I am going to have to show this to my husband! That looks so cute. I love it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that it would be so pretty in your home Sandy! Can 't wait to see what you do with yours, it will be lovely! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Looks great. I have one I put quilts on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Michelle! Thank you and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Very similar to one I have in my guest bath---with hand towels on it. Mine isn't an antique either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have to be an antique to be loved, does it? Thank you for visiting Dianna!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!