Friday, April 11, 2014

Sneak A Peek

Spring has sprung all over the place here, allergies are working overtime this week! My desire is to spend the entire day outside, my allergies remind me that is not the best idea!
 
Welcome to another Random 5, linking to Nancy over at A Rural Journal. This is one of my favorite link parties, it is so fun to visit as well as link up! Here are my Random 5 for the week.
 
1. The Hutch was painted this week! Woo Hoo!
 

2. The color is called Celery Bunch. It needs a couple of touch ups and the hardware must be put on. I loved the hutch when I saw it, but when I painted it, I really did love it!
 

3. Now that the weather is warming, I haven't baked as much, but I did make a brownie pie this week. So easy and so yummy, it was topped with fresh whipped caramel cream. All calories were removed before the pie was made. Hey, it's my story and I can believe it if I want to!
 

4. The Bridal Wreath Bush has been so pretty this year. It is a favorite old fashioned bush of many. A number of people comment on it and will tell a story about a childhood memory and this type of bush.
 

 
5. My daughter was on the radio this morning! It was a station in a neighboring town WQXZ 103.9. Yes, I am that Mom, the one that saves newspaper clippings, listens to her on the radio and tapes her TV interviews when I can. She told the gentleman that her Mom was listening and I got a "hey Mom/Melanie" from them! Katie was talking about a concert she had attended last night and promoting her part in the Keep America Beautiful. See I told you I am that Mom, I could go on for many paragraphs about this! I do like their morning show and plan to listen everyday now.


24 comments:

  1. Perfect color for the hutch! So happy it has a good home.. : ) That is wonderful about your daughter being on the radio and I would be saving clippings and taping her too. Fun memories for her when she is older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you like it, I fell in love with the color! That is what I hope, that she will have fun looking back when she is older! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. The bridal wreath bush is so pretty and I love the color on your hutch. Very Springy! I am that Mom too :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! Being that kind of Mom really is a lot of fun isn't it? Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your hutch! It turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I have wanted a hutch on that porch since we moved here, but especially after the work last year. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. wow what a difference in the hutch, that is a very lovely colour...I love the Radio, such fun to have your daughter being interviewed and to mention you :-) sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn! Glad you like the green too! She knew that I was listening, wouldn't have missed it for anything! It did make my day though! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Love the hutch! Green is my most favorite color of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a great color, especially after the winter we have had! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I love that colour! We've had such a long snowy winter that I am going outside, allergies and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the feeling! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. How fun! Love your 5!! That hutch is GORGEOUS!! What a great color!! Can't wait to see how it looks all decorated...hardware, etc. Thanks for sharing, fun as always. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It seems that it is just not happening fast enough, or maybe I am too impatient! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful transformation! The color is lovely - a job well done, Melanie :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I was pleased with the color. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Hi Melanie, Your hutch is gorgeous in that celery color. Love it. You had a great vision and it turned out fabulous. The brownie pie looks so yummy good too. I like that it has the calories removed. LOL My kind of pie for sure.
    Have a blessed weekend sweet friend.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celeste! Is there any other way to enjoy a brownie pie? LOL! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. Love the hutch! And, yes, as Moms we have a license to brag all we want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Latane! Sometimes a mama just has to brag a bit! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  11. Yep that hutch is adorable. There is no other way than to be a proud momma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I agree there is on onther way than to be a proud mama! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I am glad to have found this piece. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!