Friday, May 2, 2014

Boopsie Roses

My daughter and I call this The Boopsie Rose. It does have another name, which I can't recall. The edges of this rose are a soft pink which fade to a soft yellow. The rose is like Boopsie, different colors.
 

We call it The Boopsie Rose because it is planted beside Boopsie's grave. Boopsie was a few days short of being 18 when we lost her. She had a good life and made us laugh many, many times. We planted this rose to remind us of her and when it blooms we can't help but smile.
 

 
How did Boopsie get a name like that? When Katie was 4 years old, we got her a kitten. She was so excited! We offered her lots of cute names and she rejected each one. Her daddy was teasing her and he said "well we will just call him Harry Trueman". My daughter squealed with delight and his name was Hairy Trueman. Sadly Trueman made his way to the highway. We decided to get her another kitten.
 
I wanted to surprise her when I picked her up from school with the kitten. Since this female kitten followed Hairy Trueman, we called her Bess. Katie gave her the nick name of Boopsie. She answered to either. Sometimes Katie just called her "Boops", she didn't mind and would love on Katie no matter what she would have chosen to call her. Katie declared that Bess was her "sister" since she was an only child. The two grew up together and Bess was truly a member of our family.
 
Our beloved pets can't stay with us forever, but this rose bush is a sweet reminder of the good times we had with Boopsie. We never fail to smile when the roses appear.

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Melanie, Boopsie Rose is gorgeous and what a pretty color it is. Loved this story of how this beauty got it's name and the love behind it. These are the precious times that stay with us forever. I planted a pink rose in honor of our Miss B and it is thriving reminding me of the love we shared. Our fur family are so special.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Weekend.XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is good to see these plants thrive and remind us of the sweet memories left behind. Yes, those fur friends are so very special, they just leave thier paw prints all over our hearts! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Lovely rose...and I must say I love your country house - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Violet for your sweet words! I appreciate your visit too and hope that you will come back again and again!

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet story and I love the 'boopsie' rose bush being with Boopsie...almost 18 is impressive. as an only child I used to think of our dogs and cat as my siblings too :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! You and my daughter have lots in common! My daughter and Bess would even "argue" at times. It is amusing now, but then, oh my goodness. Many times I told them that they acted like real siblings! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Oh what a beautiful rose you planted in Bootse's memory! I can see why you smile and remember her when you look at that pretty rose!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gert! It does remind me of the many happy memories. She was one of a kind and she knew it! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet story---beautiful rose and kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! We thought that a rose with more than one color would be perfect for a kitty with more than one color. It makes me smile to see these roses! thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!