Monday, May 5, 2014

Monday Musing - Early Mother's Day




Sunday is Mother’s Day, and Mother’s deserve a special day. it is hard work raising a kid! My daughter was a lot of fun to raise, even though I think that she had a lot of nerve to grow up when I was still having fun with her. There were things that we didn’t get to do, we ran out of time. The truth is that Motherhood still had trying and difficult moments, even for a Mama that was blessed with a great kid like mine.

Once again I am reminded that God knew what He was doing. Our Creator gives us our offspring as babies. Sweet, innocent, precious, and cuddly babies, you can’t help but love them. If God started parents out with teenagers as offspring, then the human race would have ceased to exist. He had to start us out with babies, so we would get attached to them, that way we would be less likely to try and return them.

Imagine hearing a loud thud outside as the stork delivered your brand new teenager, complete with that teen attitude. The first thing your brand new teen would do is complain about the trip and the ignorant stork that brought said teen to your door. Clearly the teen wanted to go to a different more upbeat home. A cool and happening kind of place where there aren’t any dumb rules. We would all throw rocks at that stork, knock him out of the sky, catch him and demand that he take that difficult teen back to the cabbage patch that it came from. Can you imagine how strong a stork’s beak would have to be in order to carry new born teenagers?

Yes, God knew what he was doing in giving us babies instead of teens. God had a plan, and knew how that plan would be carried out. Motherhood must have played a part in His plan.

Sunday is the day that we say thanks to our Mothers, birth and adopted, for the job that they did for us. We are each imperfect and flawed, but most of us attempt to do the best job that we can do in raising our babies. Thanks Mama for doing your job as a mother. It must have been real hard work raising my brothers! Happy Mother’s Day to my Mama!

10 comments:

  1. My dear Melanie, your post is truly precious! Thank you for writing these sweet words.

    Blessings to you, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Glad that you enjoyed them. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Oh Melanie! this made me laugh. You painted a perfect picture of my true feelings. I've always said--'teenagers are my least favorite breed of people!' Then my 4 whelps grew into teens over night ...and God helped me love them for who they were becoming, instead of who they were at that very moment. :)
    Happy Mother's Day to you, dear.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat! Wise words! God provides many gifts that help a Mom survive raising teens! It does seem that my own daughter grew into a teen overnight too, how did that happen so fast? Thanks Pat and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie, what a wonderful post for Mother's Day as only you can write it. You always give me a smile while provoking serious thoughts too. This is precious. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it is a pleasure to put my thoughts into words! Glad that you enjoyed and wishing you a Happy Mother's Day as well!! Thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  4. What an interesting idea....? Cute post. Yes, it's nice that our children come to us as babies. One of my favorite quotes is: "A baby is such a wonderful way to start a human!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Only if the stork is handling the delivery!! A baby is a wonderful way to start a human, I agree! Thanks for visiting Dianna!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!