Thursday, August 27, 2015

Change

Life brings change into our lives. Sometimes the change is good and sometimes that change is not what you had planned. My life has been filled with more of that unexpected and unwanted change for the past 15 months than I ever dreamed I would be able to handle!

Life lessons are never fun to learn. My life has taken a different direction, many things have changed. My home is no longer in the country, my livestock has been dispersed into different directions, I have a job and the demands that go along with that job. My heart broke because of the changes. Suck it up Cupcake became the words I spoke to myself numerous times during the day.

Settling into a new routine and life was not easy, but I survived. My heart will always be in the country and one day I will return. My adventures have changed and my life has changed.

My column, Mellie's Musings was put aside for awhile. It will be back in the paper this week and I will post it here for my family and friends that are not local. I wondered what I would have to say at this point, but I found that there is more to write about.

Years ago, my Uncle Zeke gave me some advice. He told me that every morning that you wake up is a gift from God. You have the opportunity to start again no matter how bad the previous day had been. That was wise advice and has served me well.

Change happens, good and bad. We have to decide how to deal with that change. Will it break you or will it recreate you?

16 comments:

  1. Sweet Melanie, how I have missed you!!! You have been in my thoughts so often.....I am so sorry for all that you have been through, dear friend. You are one strong woman and someone I admire. Much love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you too Stephanie!!! I appreciate you keeping me in your thoughts! Difficult times are only for a season. Thank you so much for your kind words!! Much love to you too friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Melanie! I know change can be hard and I'm sorry you've gone through so many changes. I'm sure it'll all work out for you and I pray it does. Take it one day at a time. Thanks for posting as I was a little concerned about you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! Change can be good too. Hugs friend!

      Delete
  4. Challenging thoughts there. Will it break you or recreate you? I'm so sorry that you have had so many changes in your life that have affected you so deeply. Your uncle was right. Today is all we have. It is a gift. I am happy to see you back. I have missed you. Hopeful that good will come out of all these things as you move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tjank you sweet Nonnie and I have missed you too!! It is good to be back!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Melanie, So wonderful to see you again but I am sorry to read you have some life changes going on. Yes, these turns do take place now and then, but I pray you weather this storm well and all works out with God's help. What doesn't break us makes us stronger and builds character. I have missed you and thank you for stopping by today. Sending you hugs and lifting prayers for you.
    Have a nice weekend. Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! I have missed you too! I am stronger!

      Delete
  6. Melanie..I am so sorry to hear of your difficult times. Your uncle was so right...however, easy to say..sometimes hard to do. We just must believe... My prayers are with you and look forward to your future writings!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gert! Yes, we must believe...

      Delete
  7. Im so glad you're back and am sorry things have been rough. It is like you said, you can either learn from it and walk away a better person, or let it break you down. I'm glad you made the choice to get back up!!! Welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that I am walking away a better person! Thank you so much sweet friend!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Melanie! You can add my name to the growing list of people saying how they've missed you. I have thought of you often. I'm so sorry things have been difficult for you. You are such an amazing person. I am certain life has something beautiful in store for you. I look forward to catching up with you when you have time. I miss your long and humorous emails. Take care my friend. We'll talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy! I have missed you too and we will talk soon!

      Delete
  9. It's been a long time!
    I was glad to see you visit me at Corn not long ago and I'm so happy to come here today and see that you're posting again!
    I'm catching up on all your most recent posts.
    Thank you for your truthful words...and encouraging words.
    You might not realize, but they are comforting. I understand want you mean about change. It happens whether we want it to or not sometimes....we can embrace it because God makes us strong.
    Sorry for the changes that have come about for you...but I bet there are new adventures awaiting around the corner for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to hear from you friend! You have encouraged me as well. I have learned to be grateful for the changes. Those changes hurt at the time, but I am more grateful with eaxh passing day for the changes!! Those adventures are proving to be amazing!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!