Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Late Monday Musing Atticus' New Life


Do you believe that cats have a sense of humor? I think so. The things that happen to me as I get ready for work are proof enough for me. My offspring would agree and she could probably tell a few stories that I would prefer that she kept to herself. She has seen me run in high heels. I don’t do that anymore, it isn’t safe for me or Atticus.

Atticus is now the one who watches with amusement as I get ready for work. He smiles and he probably laughs when I leave. Atticus follows me down the hall after my coffee, knowing that the show is about to begin. Atticus hops up onto the freshly made bed to get a better view. The phone will usually ring and if he is lucky I will forget to finish applying my make up or mess up. He hopes that someone will come to the door and he will watch me stumble down the hall with my hair half done while searching for my shoes and trying to recall who was scheduled for what this morning.

There is always the amusing scenario that should I change my mind about what to wear I may not be able to find the right accessories for the different outfit. Perhaps he will find something that he likes in my purse and will take it, or he could attempt to fit his massive behind inside of my purse, or maybe he will get a colorful bracelet or an earring to play with and hide.

A favorite trick is to lie down on something that I am looking for and innocently purr while I search. He knows what he is doing. I am glad that he doesn’t have a video camera; I don’t need the type of stress in my life. Maybe he would start writing a column for this paper describing his mischievous antics.

Atticus hasn’t realized that my job provides a comfortable place for him to live, cat food and his favorite kitty treats, it isn’t for his personal amusement. He is making his own brand of lemonade because he is now stuck with a dog for a companion during the day. Sophie doesn’t provide amusement and doesn’t have a purse to ransack. Atticus has adjusted to his new life rather well. His sense of humor has remained intact and his mischievous behavior continues. Now he must decide what he will do to my Christmas tree this year.


6 comments:

  1. I love this post! Yes I do believe they have a sense of humor. My Simease Bo sure does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! Perhaps ir is a good thing that your Bo and Atticus don't know each other! They could get into more mischeif than we could stand!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, what a wonderful story! I love your writings and style. Thank you for sharing this. Can't wait to find out how the Christmas tree does this holiday season!
    Blessings, cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Celestina! Atticus is notorious for causing problems with Christmas trees! I never found some of my ornaments. Only Atticus knows that story and he isn't talking!

      Delete
  3. ha! if Atticus could tell us of all the adventures you have that he finds so funny. That would be funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud when I read that! Maybe I should be happy that he can't talk or type!!! Thanks Patricia!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!