Monday, September 14, 2015

Monday Musing - The Things We Leave Behind


Life brings many unexpected changes. These changes often send us in new directions. A move may cause us to leave things and sometimes people behind. A move to a different home means that it is time to clean out and get rid of unwanted things, and keep what is important. We carry our treasures with us. What about the people we are forced to leave behind? Do we really leave them where they are?

Their memory goes with us. The time spent with those people becomes a memory that grows sweeter; it is a treasure that we do not leave behind. Life brings change and change brings about growth if we allow it, much like a vine that has been pruned. The pruning may hurt, but the new growth can be lovely and life changing.

My life has been filled with change in the last year and there are more changes coming. Doubts and fears could control my thoughts and prevent the new growth. The people that are a part of my daily life may be changing, but their memory will remain with me. The lessons learned and wisdom offered become a part of me and create the person I will become. It would be sad to encounter people without learning from them and growing ourselves. What a loss!

Individuals each have their own unique story and will often share their story with those willing to listen. Each story could impact your life in some way. It is like searching for buried treasure and listening will bring a reward. These are people that impact our lives in a positive way. My life has been filled with this type of treasure. No matter where I have lived; those treasured and sweet memories go with me.

Change will continue to be a part of our lives in its various forms. We are able to choose how this change affects us although we are not always able to choose or control our circumstances. Sometimes the things we think we are leaving behind are actually remaining with us. Bitter can become sweet and the changes we dreaded can be the best thing that ever happened to us. A very wise lady told me that “a bright shiny day is coming behind that cloud”. She is one of my treasures and her wisdom will remain with me.

8 comments:

  1. I believe that the one who submits to the pruning as you seem to will produce rich fruit. Blessings to you. Change is hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nonnie it is hard. I try to remember that the outcome will be fruitful. Thank you sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi Melanie, Simply beautiful my friend. Nothing in life is certain, but change does and will happen. Thank you for sharing and God Bless your path. Hugs, cm

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true people come into our lives for different reasons and different results. Some come and chafe; while others come and soothe ...but what shame if we don't both grow out of it either way.
    blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Patricia!! We should grow with each experience. Thank you for visiting!!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please leave me a comment, I would love to have a record of your visit! Anonymous comments will not be published!